

Yesterday..I went for this dana(donation) event in sjba(Subang Jaya Buddhist Association)…and I found this book…in which I found the answers to many of my questions that have been bugging me..it was an inspiring book indeed..”How to develop happiness in daily living”A few points in the chapter “Living the present with Joy” did ring a bell in my head..and I think it is worth sharing with you guys,my dear friends.

gosh..didnt know Jennifer Lopez..Leonardo Dicaprio(titanic)..and Legolas from Lord of the rings are Buddhist too!
Standing quietly by the fence,
You smile a wondrous smile.
I am speechless ,and my sense are filled
by the sounds of your beautiful song,
Beginningless and endless
I bow deeply to you.
“You” refers to a flower,a dahlia.That morning,the author passed by the filed and he saw a little flower and was deeply struck by the sight of lit.He stopped and wrote the poem.
We may think that the poet was a Zen master, as his was of seeing things is very deep.But he is just an ordinary person..just sum1 like us.How he saw the flower is exactly the way Buddhist practice mindfulness meditation. We should at all times try to be in touch with life in the PRESENT moment and look deeepply into things that we encounter in our daily life. We can do that while we drink tea,walk,sit,take bath and even when we are breathing.
Mindfulness is what Ive forgotten to practice lately…I wasn’t living in the present…I was preoccupied by other problems,that blocked my encounters with the present moment.IF that pretty dahlia happens to be before my eye,I doubt I would SEE it(well unless it is purple~eheh)..my mind is full of thoughts..flooding in and out..now Ive learnt..BLUR=NOT MINDFUL..n im always blur..day-dreaming..as I think too much!my mind is real adventurous..it wanders around..
As Venerable Thich Nhat Hanh says,”The past is gone,the future is not yet here,but if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment,we CANNOT be in touch in life.”Thus causes emoness,blurness,frustrations…as everything seems to tangle up. In retrospect,ive noticed this is indeed very true…I have been living in the past(I misses mum..meis departure..high school…choir happy days…)and ive also been living in the future(I worried bout not meeting him, how would my future life be,will I be a successful accountant..can I cope between acca and teaching those little children..will I be lonely..will dad allow me to buy a new prom dress etc)With these problems of the past and the future that cannot be solved…I found myself stuck,hence leading to frustrations!
GOSH!Ive missed life at the present moment!I wasn’t in touch with the refreshing,peaceful and healing elements within me..As the venerable says,our thoughts often block our encounter with the present…Thinking is important,but most of our thinking is quite useless(SO AGREE with you venerable ,u rock!)It seems that we have cassette tapes in our heads,always running,day and night.We think of this and we think of that and it is difficult to stop.So when we think too much,we worry,have sleep disorders,nervousness and block our encounters with the present moment.Things haven’t been easy for me lately..i find myself emo-struck easily..at times I weep alone when no one sees..At times I felt like ive fell into a deep valley..waiting for some one..for him perhaps to the rescue..But now..ive found the aswer..Buddha’s teaching has always been great..inspiring..thats why I belief religion plays a pivotal role in one’s life.
The real miracle is not to walk on water,but to walk on earth,to be ALIVE at the present moment.If we live in mindfulness,it is possible to encounter the divine right in the preset moment while washing the dishes, looking at the flower,looking ito the eyes of the child,holding a warm cup of Milo..
Appreciate life…as stated in the book…even when we hold our toes in mindfulness and smile at them,we will find that our bodies have been very kind to us.We know that any cell I our toes can be cancerous but because our toes have been behaving well..we don’t have that problem.So even a simple appreciation of our toes can bring us happiness!BE grateful that we can SEE..HEAR..FEEL..BREATH
People who cannot enjoy simple pleasures often seek drugs, alcohol or excessive sexual pleasures that destroy our bodies,mind and families..well,share this message to them
Glad that I was reminded in time..sadhu sadhu sadhu..Im blessed in that sense.Instead of saying sigh I do not have perfect features…do not have great skin/flawless complexion..lets say,,hee I have a healthy body that enables me to walk..do work etc..instead of sigh ive lost my mum..i shall say hey I have a great dad!!!Instead of saying sigh I do not have a bf I shall say hey I have many wonderful friends..sisters..auntie may that I love n loves me!lol
From now on, instead of thinking “what is wrong?” We should ask..”What is right?”.ok?
Think positive..
Cherish what we have N O W..
Im inspired..are you?
Last but not the least,THANK YOU for being part of my life…n also thanks a lot..if you have read till this far..

No comments:
Post a Comment